Friday, February 04, 2005

Mr Brightside

Message from Lorenzo
Sent 10:30 GMT

Hey Antonio,
Things are great with Jessica and I. We are good friends and she makes me laugh. When she walks into a room I look at her and my heart beats a little faster but you should not read too much into that. A couple of days ago Solanio said "I have never heard a passion so confus'd, so strange, outrageous, and so variable"
I still think it is a heart murmur.

Had a stange encounter with a man today (not that kind). I was sat in Starbucks drinking my early morning coffee and it was busy so he came and sat next to be. An old man, thin and frail but with a proud head held high and a glint in his eye. He started to talk to me about a whole range of careers he had, his sporting achievements and a pretty young lady new to his life. It was nice to hear a man of his age being positve about life and not starting a conversation with what medical ailments he had or about the increasing levels of immigration that is changing the country for the worse.
He talked, I listened. It gave me an enormous sense of well being that just by listening to this guy speak I was making him feel a little better. There was a spring in my step today as I walked towards work.
I wonder if my 12:30 interview (also an old man) will go as well?
Lorenzo