Monday, January 31, 2005

Ooh La La

Message from Lorenzo
Sent 10:15 GMT

Hey Antonio,
Was out running middle of last week I spotted a pretty woman walking down the street so being a man I puffed out my chest and sucked in my stomach and kept running while trying to look good. Got up close and it was Portia! I felt a little bit like a fool for the whole look at my big chest thing but it had been a few months and I forgot about that as we soon slipped into cosy conversation with the sun setting behind the hills. Really it was as beautiful as it sounds. Anyway, I asked her for a drink so we could catch up and we went out saturday night to a bar I know in the valley. She was looking fantastic, so much so that a random guy at the bar said "your a lucky man" like I didnt know that but it was still nice to hear. But you know my heart lies elsewhere so we were out as friends.

It was an enjoyable evening as we get on well, just like we did back in sixth form when I had that huge crush on her, but the night took a strange turn when the Rod Stewart tribute appeared.
He began to serenade the bar wearing his black trousers, black shirt (and a white dinner jacket) and as we were the only young couple in there, he worked his way over.
Portia: "Dont look at him and he will ignore us" sat next to me making very close eye contact
Me: "The place isn't that big... I can hear him getting closer!" I said in panic
Portia: "Oh no!"
I looked up and there he was, standing in his peroxide aging glory, singing Ooh la la. I smile (hesitantly) but that encouraged him and we got a rendition of Maggie May as well.
Thankfully he moved on after the second song.
We did as well. Quickly.
Lorenzo