Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Would you rather?

Message from Lorenzo
Sent 22:16 GMT

Hey Antonio,
I like you little one liners but I rely of getting peoples attention with some flirty eye contact and waiting for them to come up to me and use their lines. Did I mention I was single? I was out with Nerissa a couple of nights ago and some guy thought "I am into property" was a good opening line. An icy stare from me and Nerissa laughing her socks off pretty much saw him on his way.
Anyway... once you have them with your lines I would suggest a game of "would you rather?".
My top three "would you rather?"
(forget the soft ones you use on a date. Sunrise vs. sunset blah blah blah)
1)Be naked or have everyone else around you be naked?
2)Be bored or frightened?
3)I went to see Jimmy Carr on his stand up tour and after the gig the (mysterious) lady I was with had to dash back into the theatre so I was left outside waiting in the cold. Then Jimmy himself came out and as I was bored I thought I would make small talk. We chatted about other comedians I had seen (as I am quite the comedy connoisseur) and the consitency of the trashy TV programs he always presents until he started to bore me and my mind started to wander. I needed a get out or a way to make the conversation a little more interesting . I did not want to be rude as the man had entertained me for a couple of enjoyable hours so i said to him
"Jimmy! Would you rather be confronted by an angry hippo or a randy moose?".

I dont know what I expected but I got a drawn out response regarding how he would prefer the randy moose as hippos (year on year) kill more humans than lions. Still bored but a little frightened I was rescued by my ladyfriend who led me away from the talkative babyfaced comic.
Number 3 is my favourite. Not sure if it would translate well.
Lorenzo