Monday, February 07, 2005

Its coming home

Message from Lorenzo
Sent 19:32 GMT

Hey man,
Still keeping up the hard work in the gym and what is worrying is how much I enjoy it. I caught myself looking in the mirror as I was lifting weights and I know I should have looked away but I did not. I stood there admiring my own bicep imagining how it would look if I flexed in the moonlight. I think my body releases some odd chemicals when I work out. I dont like that but I do enjoy the result. And the flexing.

On the way home I was listening to Radio 5 live and the footie was on. It was Blackburn v Bolton. "ouuuhh" I thought. A fiesty local derby. On the way down the m65 popped down to Ewood Park to get a ticket and got a seat right on the corner flag that was centre of most of the action in the second half. I sat there in my overcoat with chips and a coffee the bolton fans, that were 15 yards from my seat behind a police line, were taunting me. "who are ya" they chanted. "your not singing anymore", "blackburn are shit" etc. All great chants but a little wasted on me. I did not care who was winning - was enjoying the game and my coffee.

Still it was all worthwhile on the way out when a young lad all of 10 or 11 turned to his dad and said "If I see that kid who was looking and chanting at me I am going to kick the shit out of him"
Bless... they get 'em started young in Blackburn
Lorenzo