Monday, February 14, 2005

King of the Rodeo

Message from Lorenzo
Sent 20:55 GMT

Hi Antonio,
Took a road trip with Solanio up to Scotland. I know it was valentines weekend and I know he has a girlfriend but when he looks at me with those puppy dog eyes I find it hard to say no. Trip up there was fun, over the A-roads we passed a couple of lovers retreats/dogging spots where young start crossed lovers found a moments solitude from the prying eyes of the cities. We drove to Edinburgh and unknown to us there was a Scotland v Ireland rugby match on in the city and when we parked up at the top of the Royal Mile and headed into the so called "Pubic Triangle" full of glitzy bars and seedy lap dancing clubs. A quick call to the Fiesty Scot (living in exile across the Forth of Fife) had directed to some cool places where the beer was flowing and every other woman was wearing a short tartan skirt. Scottish women are fine and even though it was sub-zero they wore very little. Great bars, great women, great company. Great weekend.

Gripes: No spoons in my room, no heating in Solanio's (but that was funny), pillows the size of sanitary towels, map swept away by huge Loch Lomond wave, nearly wrote off my car on a sharp bend, man found with slit wrists in my bath, lots of fights between the Irish and Scots, very tired, forgot my camera, no monster in the loch, pillows the size of sanitary towels, spent valentines weekend with a man.
Lorenzo