Saturday, March 26, 2005

Comfort In Sound

Message from Lorenzo,
Sent 13:41 GMT

Hi Antonio,
It has been an interesting easter weekend so far. Although the week did start with a bit of a crisis. A few things were going my way. I had a couple of tickets to Feeder. A couple of albums to learn words from. A nice t-shirt to wear (a red one with a pocket) and the amazing Cherry Falls were supporting.
There was one thing going against me. Jessica could not make it. Gutted.
But being ever positive I decided to take the Gratiano (my nephew) to his first ever gig (long overdue as he is pushing 17). On the way there I could see his hate for me festering as he is hip hop kid and Feeder is not his thing. But by the end of the night he was glad he came. The gig started with some of the softer stuff (Tumble and Fall etc) which was great, then after 30 mins of that they upped it a gear and played (in quick succession) Just the Way I'm Feeling, Forget About Tomorrow, Come Back Around and finished with some old school stuff including Buck Rogers. The place was bouncing and looking back at the gigs I have been to - Snow patrol, The Thrills, Micheal Jackson and even Craig David (twice). They had nothing on these guys.

And guess who I saw in the crowd? A few people ahead of us I had spotted the bearer of the one ring. The master of the precious. Frodo Baggins. I think his real name is Elijah Wood. He was taller than I thought he would be but I am certain it was him as I checked out his feet and they were large and leathery.
Lorenzo.