Thursday, March 17, 2005

London Calling

Message from Lorenzo
Sent 20:15 GMT

Hey Antonio,
Sorry for the delayed message but after the weekend I have been wasted for a couple of days. Let me explain why.
Day one (friday): Drive down to London to meet The Prince of Morocco, Miranda and Shaft the southern crime fighter. Shaft was an interesting warm character who wore a long leather jacket, did some jive talking and used phrases such as "I might take you down but I will never let you down" with alarming regularity.
Checked into a nice hotel where we all met up and shared a few drinks and then it was off to the Brixton Academy. The gig was amazing and the visuals spectacular. Better than athlete and more opportunity to really shake my stuff and I was on top form that night. Better still- they did some old school jelly.

Day two (saturday): In the morning met the Prince of Morocco at his house on the docks which is very nice with canals everywhere (not in the house, that would be weird). Also met the Prince's bi sexual french room mate and his very straight forward german room mate who suggested and convinced me to stay another night and go to the legendary Ronnie Scott's. Lemon Jelly one night followed by jazz the next made me feel like a polyphonic prostitute.
In the place I had a great time as The Prince and I were chatted up by a pointy chinned Marilyn Monroe look-a-like from Bolton. She touched my arm followed by my hand and I needed to explain that she did not have those touching privileges especially as her date was stood a foot away and I felt like I was making him feel a foot tall. There is a code amongst us guys so I backed off. But then, stood at the bar, a 40 yr old Russian woman turned to me and said "what we must remember is that we all pay the same" in a very philosophical way.
"Oooookaaaaay" I said and then hauled ass back to the relative safety of my group to enjoy very good jazz.
Three of us headed home and bi sexual frenchwoman went to pull a man. She told me she only pulled men as it was easier. True to her word she arrived back home around and hour after us. The Prince was sure he heard funny noises (possibly a slap) before the loud music began to play. With that thought I fell asleep in a distressed state on my airbed.

Day three (sunday): Afternoon wake up followed by coffee with the tired looking frenchwoman, goodbyes to the Prince of Morocco and then a long drive to Bognor Regis for more crime fighting lessons. I took a two and a half hour detour to Chili's to eat a Chocolate Molten Cake which was so big they had to wheel it in on a trolley and was closer in size to Mt Etna than a dessert. You know you ordered the right thing when a kid says "I want one of those" when they sit it down on your table. It was a very long drive to the training followed by a very long drive back to lancashire arriving back at 1AM and starting work at 8AM that morning. I hope that is a good enough reason for not mailing sooner.
Lorenzo