Sunday, February 27, 2005

Purple Rain

Message from Lorenzo
Sent 13:35 GMT

Hey Antonio,
Was at a house party last night hosted by a work mate, who was wearing a pair of purple wings (I dont know why), and her friend the loudest red head in the world. She was a bit like ginger spice in the early days before she started with all the yoga. Anyway... Me and Olivia arrived fashionably late but we were still the only ones there and loud red head engaged me in a discussion about how she loved fish and so I talked about how I found them to be suspicious creatures that could not be trusted. It got quite heated.
Soon after we had the arrival of beardy man, white rasta man and Maroon 5 lookey likey man who all wore long black leatherette overcoats with one item of purple that was a condition of entry.
I wore nothing purple.
They brought wine.
I brought Guiness (for the host).
Somehow I felt outclassed. They made themselves at home in the dining room and we claimed one of the sofas in a prime spot for people/freak watching. Their behaviour is not unlike hours although rasta man did groom beardy mans beard in a chimp like manner. Then arrived the hosts long haired boyfriend (with short beard) and a woman in a silly hat. Surpirsing this bunch of strage looking people (by my standards) were good company, could laugh/joke and hold a discussion about a range of issues from the movement of New Labour towards the centre to over supply in th petroleum markets that has led to a recent fall in prices. I felt bad for judging and dismissing them for looking a little different to what I consider normal. But then they all started smoking joints and I now know that I was right to judge them and I should continue to judge people who look like that in the same way.
Lorenzo.

PS. On a very happy note, off to Bognor Regis again on tuesday night for some more crime fighting lessons where I will be joined by Miranda. I am very excited. I have not seen her for four months and that is far too long.