Sunday, December 05, 2004

Walking in the shadow of death

Message from Lorenzo
Sent 15:05 GMT

Hello my precious,

I hope my correspondance finds you in good health and happiness.
Went out this friday and again there was a lot of fun and i met a nice guy who works in our office. He is 40+ but back in the day he was uk cross country champion and in the 80's was the pace setter in the london marathon running 13 miles in little over 1 hr. i felt in awe of his talent and as the fireman left us a few weeks ago so was looking for a new hero. i may have found one. It is amazing how soon i can move on like that. That is wrong.

I was supposed to spend the rest of the weekend at home, emailing you, general relaxation. Then on saturday morning got called out of bed and had to attend an aunts funeral, not real aunt but... you know. I felt sad although it had been some time since we had met. On walking through the cemetary i began to read the grave stones and reflect. So many people die young and you cant help but ask what is it all about.
I came to the conclusion that you have to do what makes you happy. My struggle is doing this within the contraints of the law. That is also wrong.

Fish in a pool of reflection